The below Terms and Conditions relate only to the provision of the Authentication, Alignment, Attestation and Recognition Service, delivered by UK NARIC.
To have your application processed, you must signal acceptance of all these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the relevant tick box on the online application form or by clicking on ‘Accept’.
Please read our Privacy Notice which sets out our policy on processing your personal data.
Note that if you request us to stop processing your data, we will be unable to provide services or to complete the provision of services to you, and we will be unable to maintain communication with you.
In relation to the system for online payments, the online payment service for UK NARIC applicants is designed to speed up applications, and offer our applicants the convenience of paying with a valid debit or credit card. This payment system and the use of this system is also subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- UK NARIC will aim to complete an application within the timeframe for the service that is specified on our website. These timeframes and turnaround times are counted from the point when all required documentation and payment is received. However, this period is not guaranteed and in some cases, such as those requiring additional, in-depth research, the application will take longer. In these 'research cases', the maximum process time is 4 months. If your application requires additional research and becomes a 'research case', you will be informed.
- UK NARIC will provide a qualification evaluation if the qualification(s) submitted are recognised in the country of origin and have been awarded by awarding bodies that are accredited/recognised in the country of origin. For qualifications that do not meet these criteria, it is not normally possible to complete the Authentication, Alignment, Attestation and Recognition Service.
- Each Authentication, Alignment, Attestation and Recognition Service report can contain only 1 qualification.
- The applicant shall bear sole responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the applicant's details supplied.
- UK NARIC requires scanned copies of original certificates and transcripts, translations into English (if applicable) and a copy of the applicant’s passport. 12 months after an application is completed, and after our last communication with you, we will destroy all scanned copies of qualification documents submitted, with scanned documentation deleted from our databases.
- UK NARIC may refuse to process the whole or any part of the applicant's details if we deem those details to be offensive or inappropriate, or if in UK NARIC’s absolute discretion it believes those details to be inaccurate, untrue or a forgery. If fraudulent documents are identified, UK NARIC will forward information to the relevant authorities.
- UK NARIC will take all reasonable steps to ensure a high quality service but cannot guarantee that the provision of the service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, you are accepting that UK NARIC’s total liability for any loss or damage to the applicant or qualification holder (arising out of any breach of service, negligence or other acts or omissions of UK NARIC in connection with any services provided) will be limited in any event to the amount paid for that service.
- UK NARIC cannot guarantee to supply the service in the event of the failure or interruption of services provided by third parties.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- The fee is payable in AED. For residents of the United Arab Emirates applying from an address within the UK and European Economic Area (EEA), VAT will also be payable. VAT does not apply to those residing outside the UK or the EEA.
- The service fee is non-refundable once a qualification has been checked by an officer as eligible for the Authentication, Alignment, Attestation and Recognition Service. Before this point the service fee can be refunded on request but we will retain an administration fee of 250AED.
- UK NARIC will not process an application paid by credit or debit card if the card payment is rejected by our banking facility.
- By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, given the nature of the service, you are agreeing to the service starting before the end of the 7-day cancellation period that applies to certain purchases under consumer rights provisions. Cancellation rights will therefore end when the application is submitted.
- In order to provide this service, you must produce a letter of authorisation allowing us and/or our partner verification organisations, to obtain the information required to authenticate your qualification as genuine. This letter is created digitally as part of the application process.
- We will verify only 1 qualification per application.
- To verify your qualification, we need to share your data with companies and organisations specialising in verification services. As qualification verification has to deal with different kinds of institutions worldwide, we use a range of selected companies and organisations in different parts of the world. Some of these companies and organisations will process your data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and therefore outside the usual jurisdiction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). All such arrangements with verification companies and organisations are governed by appropriate agreements and contracts. Please read our Privacy Notice.